Since 1988 I have been working in economic development, for state agencies in Baden-Wuerttemberg and Hessen and since 2005 as a freelance consultant with the federal agency German Technical Cooperation GIZ or the development corporation Sequa being clients.
My projects covered three continents so far, with a special focus on South East Europe including the Caucasus, India and the United States.
My scope of services covers in particular these areas:
- location marketing,
- identifying international investors
- export promotion for SME
- regional development
- institutional development
- capacity building
- public-private dialogue
Highlights of my work:
- Concept and organization of marketing measures such as trade fair participations or roadshows abroad and in Germany, e.g. in Los Angeles, Boston, Seattle, Mumbai, New Delhi, Munich or Berlin
- Writing texts with economic and political content: Brochures, flyers, newsletters, also speeches and presentations for Ministers and Minister Presidents
- Concept and organization of economic and political delegation trips abroad, e.g. with Minister President Eichel 1998 to the U.S. or Minister President Koch 2005 to India
- Heading the international division in the Hessen state agency and consulting foreign companies looking for a location. Successful projects of my team often came from the U.S., e.g. QVC in Kassel (>1000 jobs) or Amazon in Bad Hersfeld (>600 jobs)
- Participation with German companies at U.S. fairs such as the ShowBiz Expo in Los Angeles 2001 or the Comdex in Las Vegas 1999
- Participation at the Frames Fair in Mumbai 2003-2004 in the largest film production market of the world, in India. Meetings with and presentations to Bollywood production companies about cooperation
Radio interview for Deutsche Welle
- Working as a freelance consultant for the German Technical Cooperation GIZ which belongs to the federal government. Assignment 2005 in Bulgaria: Coached employees in the administration in order to improve their marketing skills and also assisted in marketing measures for targeting foreign investors
- Two assignments for GTZ in Macedonia (2006-2010 ff) and Albania (2009-2010 ff): Exploring and examining investment opportunities in the countries, developing marketing instruments, coaching, participation at the leading real estate fair Expo Real in Munich, guiding economic delegations and arranging company meetings with potential investors.
- Assignment as senior expert for GIZ in Georgia 2011-2012: Marketing strategy and instruments.
Developing a green economy strategy for the Ministry of Economy.
Implementation in four key sectors.
Support and training in export promotion measures.
Support in the establishment of two regional development agencies (RDA).
- Co-Organization of an Indo-German SME Forum in Delhi May/June 2013 on behalf of the German development corporation Sequa:
This conference should bring together business membership organizations of India and Germany in order to arrange partnerships.